- Type Permanent
- Salary US$120000 - US$170000 per annum + competitive
- Location New York, USA
- Sectors Banking and Finance, IT, Banking IT, Data and Business Intelligence, Developer
One of the leading financial services firm is looking to add a Database Developer to their funding technology group. You will be working closely with key business and technology stakeholders to build out the warehouse to support the data analytics needs of the securities lending and repo desks. One of the key areas of focus will be the continued build out of the warehouse to support the securities lending desk's market color reporting which provided to external clients.
Their current warehouse is being migrated to the latest version of IBMs DB2 Database offering. You will have the opportunity to work with columnar and distributed databases and related technologies to build a high performance warehouse which will be capable of supporting the ever evolving analytic needs of the business.
- Involvement in all aspects of support and building out of the data warehouse including capturing requirements, implementing new feeds, presenting data to users via various mediums including extracts, dashboards & data visualisations.
- Work closely with various business stakeholders to understand their objectives and requirements. Distilling these into technology deliverables and taking ownership of their delivery across all stages of the development lifecycle.
- working across all layers of the technology stack.
- Extensive experience in data modelling and SQL that you could utilise in this role and be comfortable working across all layers of the technology stack.
- The ability to work across multiple work streams in order to achieve business deliverables.
- Commercial experience of DB2
- Experience working with Sybase
- Expertise in SQL
- Strong data modelling skills
- Knowledge of scripting (Python/Perl)
- Extensive knowledge of working in a Linux based environment
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.