Design & development engineer- Optical experience required
- Type Permanent
- Location Oxfordshire, England
- Sectors Specialist Manufacturing
A global business leading the design and manufacture of specialist consumer products is seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join their R&D facility in Oxfordshire.
The company has a strong pipeline of new and future high quality products to supply a demanding expanding marketplace.
The forward-thinking stance of this organisation means that they can provide a secure long-term career in a job that is satisfying and challenging. They provide good opportunities for training and personal development whilst creating products that change lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be design authority on optical design, integration, test and measurement.
- Responsible for development of design and manufacturing solutions from conception and implementing into manufacturing.
- Conceptual design, evaluation, selection and communication of decisions.
- Detail design with integration of the appropriate manufacturing processes.
- Issue resolution through investigation, route cause analysis and corrective and preventative actions.
- High standard of design work, tolerance analysis, risk analysis (DFMEA) design control, robust design, design for manufacture.
Candidates will demonstrate experience in the below areas to qualify for interview:
- Experience in designing optics
- You are adept with Zemax or CodeV
Salary on offer for this role is dependent on experience, plus a benefits package including medical and dental cover, 25 days holiday, 3x Life cover and 5% company contributed pension.
If you would be interested and suitable for this position please apply with a copy of your latest CV and reasons as to why you feel you're suitable for the role.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales