Desktop Support Engineer
- Type Contract
- Salary competitive
- Location Tokyo 23 wards, Japan
- Sectors Banking and Finance, IT, Functional IT
Global investment management with over 1,700 institutional clients and private investors worldwide.
The Engineer will be providing IT support and services for the entire Tokyo office including Senior Executives and visiting employees. The candidate must have exceptional customer service skills and experience working in a fast-paced environment with demanding customers.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
* Field incoming requests and issues from end users and document the information
* Quickly and effectively diagnose and resolve issues related to PCs, mobile devices, videoconferencing, application software, telecommunication issues, network issues and servers
* Personally resolve or escalate issues to other teams as appropriate by providing detailed logs that bring the development team up to speed on the problem
* Record, track and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken
* Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
* Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
* Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications
* Utilize a "fix it twice" mentality to use tactical solutions to get systems immediately stable, but then follow up with a strategic fix soon after; test fixes to ensure that they are working
* Install a variety of hardware/software for Executives
* Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases and FAQs on the internet to aid in problem resolution
* Help define and document feature requests and software bugs
* Attend meetings to give guidance/direction for system design
* Proactively address performance improvements/optimizations
* Maintain system diagrams with hardware and software dependencies
SThree Japan is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.