Massachusetts Burlington, MA, USA
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for developing automation and technology improvements related to the installation, configuration, and ongoing operations of the companies award winning applications in the cloud. The environments you work in are technically sophisticated and the ideal person for this position will relate how this company deploys, upgrades and maintains the software and 3rd party applications.
What you will do:
- Provide technical guidance and expertise for the Platform Engineering Group around modern tools and best practices.
- Translate business problems into technical solutions and provide architectural oversight for the team of Platform Automation Engineers.
- Automate standard service offerings related to the deployment, maintenance, and support.
- Drive accountability around technical decisions and define patterns for continued technical improvement for the business.
- Openly share knowledge of automation skills with team members to scale the capability of improving processes and services.
What you bring:
- 3-5+ years defining architecture and design of automation for system tasks, infrastructure consumption, and service management using modern tools such as Terraform and Ansible in a VMware-based environment.
- Strong operational experience in a predominantly Linux-based environment, including Linux sysadmin and shell scripting skills.
- Experience designing CI/CD pipelines.
- Skilled in translating business requirements into technical solutions and working within a team to achieve the target.
- Engineering mindset - focus on designing, implementing, and improving technology via data-driven decision making.
- First-principles critical reasoning and thinking focused on best practices.
- Systematic problem-solving approach and general curiosity required to solve difficult issues.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies and apply new skills.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.