Director Logistics & Distribution
Excellent job opportunity for a driven Logistics & Distribution professional who will be responsible for the organization's overall distribution operations, including purchasing and inventory of products, selection of vendors, and the distribution of goods. Next to this, you will be responsible for evaluating forecast needs and the demand planning. Furthermore, you will be responsible for developing strategic plans to improve the efficiency of operations as well as reducing costs where possible.
We have a great client who is looking for a Director Logistics & Distribution. If you love to work in a start-up environment where most processes still need to be set-up, developed and implemented then this is the challenge you are looking for!
Responsibilities of the Director Logistics & Distribution
As a Director Logistics & Distribution, you will partner with different internal teams in order to identify and develop the overall distribution, warehousing and logistics strategy, identifying and evolving best practices, and transforming the organization to be more efficient and effective. You will utilize your skills to:
- Lead and manage the standardization of a centralized distribution and logistics function
- Identify third party suppliers, handle the contract negotiations and ensure the planning is delivered correctly
- Arrange and manage end-to-end transportation for supplier shipments, 3PL warehouse transfers and customer orders.
- Develop and manage supplier KPIs to identify benchmarks and ensure all round quality, accurate quantity, stock levels, delivery times, etc.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in logistics or distribution
- At least 7 years of experience within 3PL warehousing, distribution, and logistics
- Fluent in Dutch and English and preferably also French
- Experience with cold-chain logistics
- Having worked directly with food service and retail distributors
- Excellent communication, negotiating and contracting skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with ERP Systems - Sage would be preferred
- MS Office skills
- Annual salary between €75.000 and €85.000
- 40 hour work week
- 25 days of holidays
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- Inspiring work environment
- Great work location
An entrepreneurial food company focused on being at the forefront of producing and distributing healthy and delicious products as alternatives to meat- and dairy produce. They are a real game-changer. A fast-growing and ambitious start-up company offering a flexible and open work environment.
Are you our new Director Logistics & Distribution? Apply online or to speak to a consultant about this job or similar jobs in Supply Chain, contact Saskia Klitsie via s.klitsie @ Huxley.nl for more information.