My client is a Luxembourg-based company that is part of a large European Group. They have a staff of around 90 permanent employees and 10 external consultants. They mainly working for big Luxembourgish accounts as well as the European Institutions.
They try to keep a positive atmosphere, which allows them to share more than work. For this company's director, the goal is to create a connection between the co-workers thanks to corporate events, a nice working atmosphere, and good communication.
Their speciality is setting up tailor-made solutions, specifically process automation allowing the extraction of information from raw data in Information Systems. Thus, they have four specialised teams: Business Intelligence, Document Management, Geolocation Systems, and Specialised Development.
European Institution (Luxembourg)
Permanent Position (CDI)
- You have minimum a Bachelor in Computer Sciences.
- You have minimum 8 years of experience in development.
- You have an excellent knowledge on mobile APPs development and deployment.
- You have knowledge on:
- Mobile Iron.
- IIS, Active Directory, Oracle Database
- You are fluent in English and/or French.
The context of the mission:
A Mobile Transformation Workshop was organized in the offices of the European Institution (EI) on June 30th of 2017. The EI people present in this workshop formed a good representation of the overall EI community. This perfect mix delivered many very good ideas for mobile apps. Taking into account important parameters such as "business value", "mobile impact", "easy adoption" and "complexity to build" (incremental gain) - One application has been considered to start with.
The goal is to disseminate existing information from the current infrastructure to the mobile device. The mobile application was developed using Xamarin and Mobile Iron technologies.
The following features were developed:
- Autonomous EI contact list similar to the phone contact list.
- Cache most of the information on the Mobile Iron caching service and provide an interface to list and search EI people even if there is no connection available to the EI network service façade (gateway) was implemented on the back-end to allow setting-up and refreshing the cache when the device is connected to the EI infrastructure.
- A service has been exposed in order to retrieve the presence status, stored in the EI's Exchange mail system (Skype), and non-cached information like for instance pictures of the contacts.
- The application provides capacities to use the phone capabilities of the device to call the contact.
- The mobile application was implemented as a native application for both iOS and Android system via the Xamarin multiplatform framework.
- The back end service is implemented as a REST service with the required security (authentication, authorisation, ...).
You will maintain and do evolutions on this mobile application and you will develop future mobile apps for IE.
If you or someone you know could be interested in this opportunity then please feel free to contact me with and updated CV, phone number, and your availabilities for a call.
Successful applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks and your application will be treated with confidentiality.
Sthree Luxembourg is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.