Electrical Design Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Salary £45000 - £60000 per annum + competitive
- Location Bristol, England
- Sectors Engineering
A well-established industry leader in the design and production of multi-functional, high technology equipment is embarking on their next stage of growth due to continued success. They are now seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their multi-disciplined Research and Development team in Bristol. As a Senior Electrical Design Engineer you will be technically responsible for the company's bespoke electrical systems for existing and future products. Your responsibilities will include:
- Project manage the electrical system development from concept to delivery
- Capture and specify the electrical systems requirements
- With the aid of an electrical CAD drawing package, design and specify in detail, the implementation for electrical subsystems including switchgear, controlgear, control and instrumentation interface circuits, wiring, electrical panel layout
- Verify conformance to Low voltage and EMC directives
- Engage with suppliers to source appropriate electrical off-the-shelf products
In order to be successful in applying for this role you should have:
- Background in an engineering discipline of systems, electronic, electrical or controls ideally to degree level
- Excellent understanding of electrical circuits and theory
- Competent at generating electrical schematics and layout drawings using a CAD package
- Experience of specifying DC & AC electrical power systems, ideally ones which are fed from a battery source
A working knowledge of any of the following could be beneficial, but is not essential - Control & Instrumentation systems, C++ programming, PLC systems, Control of DC motors, Laser instrumentation systems.
The position would provide a salary of £45,000 - £60,000 plus 25 days holiday and company pension. This is an excellent opportunity to join a longstanding and growing business who are recognised as a world leader in their sector.
If you would be interested in this role then please apply or call Seth on 0117 9388 088 to discuss
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.