A great opportunity for a General Manager has arisen with an Engineering company based in Oxford. The company serve into Automotive, Aerospace and Oil & Gas; they are a well-respected company within the industry.
- Develop and implement a cost-effective and appropriate operating environment; and where necessary introduce lean manufacturing principles.
- Create a value-adding regime of key performance indicators for the site to drive high quality products delivered on time.
- Define, implement & review appropriate operating procedures and principles across the business to maximise efficiency, product quality and on time delivery.
- Maintain a culture of teamwork, resilience and high performance to maximise employee potential.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and value adding where required.
- Management of production facility and a team of direct and indirect employees.
- Ensure the quality department provide an effective service to both customer requirements and internal support with the technical functions of the operational business unit.
- Maintain an effective planning and logistic function to support the demands of the customers and the production value streams within the business unit.
- Manage and mentor an effective lean and cost down function within the business unit that delivers a progressive and structured return in Quality, Cost and Delivery.
Skill set needed:
- Engineering or technical background combined with financial and commercial experience.
- Manufacturing/Engineering knowledge teamed with industry and operational knowledge.
- P+L experience in a senior role.
- Leadership and people management experience.
Salary on offer is £75,000 - £85,000 + benefits. If you are interested in this role, please email me with an up to date CV and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.