- Type Contract
- Salary Negotiable
- Location Adelaide CBD, South Australia
- Sectors Developer
Huxley is a specialist recruitment company within IT, Banking & Financial Services. Our purpose is to help clients achieve their business goals whilst enabling candidates to achieve their career goals through matching the best talent with the best employers in their field.
About the Role
The company are looking for an experienced Hadoop Developer to join their team. They will be offering an initial 4 month contract, which they are highly likely to extend, working from their Adelaide office.
About the Company
This Hadoop Developer opportunity is working with a with a leading International IT Consultancy on a project with one of their clients in the Government.on a project with one of their clients in the Government.
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Prior experience as a Hadoop Developer.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with hadoop ecosystem and its components i.e. HDFS, HBase, Pig, Hive, Impala, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, etc.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Pig, Java, Scala, R or Python
- (Desirable) Data modelling experience with OLTP and OLAP
- (Desirable) Knowledge of concurrency and multi-threading concepts.
- (Desirable) Understanding the usage of various data visualizations tools like Zoomdata, QlikView, Business Objects etc.
- (Desirable) Knowledge of SQL, database structures, principles, and theories.
- (Desirable) Knowledge of popular ETL tools like SAP Data Sevices, Talend, Informatica, etc.
What is on offer
In return they are looking to offer an initial 4 month daily rate contract in a forward thinking team. There is a longer pipeline of work so there is a good opportunity to be extended on. This role is based in their Adelaide office.
How to apply
If you have the necessary skills and you would be interested in this position, please apply with an updated copy of your CV for review. Alternatively, please contact Georgina Beavis on 0282512105 for a confidential discussion.
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.