Head of Controls & Automation
- Type Permanent
- Salary Up to £70000 per annum +
- Location Birmingham, West Midlands
- Sectors Engineering
A leading bespoke machinery manufacturer in the Birmingham area who deliver innovative control and automation projects for customers across a range of industries are seeking a Head of Controls & Automation to lead their successful and growing team.
The role is for a Head of Controls & Automation to lead our Electrical Engineering Team. To be involved in all aspects of Controls engineering including, but not limited to PLC's & HMI's.
- Involvement in Design & Development of new Control Systems
- PLC / HMI Programming - Siemens & Rockwell
- Support continued improvement and Maintain Control Systems - including PLC's & HMI's
- Upgrading of Existing Equipment & Integration with new Automation / Controls
- Carry out site surveys on customer sites.
- Carry out Factory Acceptance testing, Site Acceptance testing & on site commissioning
- Support the sales teams using your technical expertise to generate new business
- Build relationships with customers to identify their needs
- Working to agreed timescales & tight deadlines
- Support the production department if required
- Support and promote good teamwork within and outside of the department, and act in line with the company's policies and values
- Prepared to travel when required (National & International)
- Overtime may be required during busy periods to meet commitments
- QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years' experience in Control Systems design / PLC's / HMI's.
- Education in a relevant engineering discipline to HNC / HND qualification
- Software design & PLC software experience - Rockwell / Siemens
- Experience in motion control / servo control systems
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills to deal with the response time pressures that can arise due to the nature of this industry
- A self-starter with a 'can do' flexible attitude
- Ability to works as an individual or as part of a team
- A drive and determination to succeed. This position would provide a salary up to £70,000 depending upon experience, including bonus, private healthcare and company pension. If you meet the requirements and would like to be considered for this position then please call Jez on 0117 9388 088, or apply below.
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.