As the Senior HPC Engineer at this leading hedge fund, your goal will be to continuously optimize infrastructure performance without comprising the reliability and security of the environment. You'll work with a team of talented engineers to help propel the fund forward by researching and recommending cutting-edge technologies and innovative solutions. Some of the key areas you'll touch upon include large-scale distributed systems, a multi-petabyte distributed storage system, and cloud scheduling technologies. You'll also be responsibel for setting up infrastructure in public clouds.
As part of a small, yet highly successful fund, this is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the developers, infrastructure engineers, and senior leadership across the firm. In particular, you'll collaborate with a tight-knit group of developers who specifically build tools and applications for the HPC environment. You'll also work closely with researches and front-office to help optimize HPC systems for their data analysis and modelling.
- Minimum of 5 years of Linux administration experience, preferably within a financial services organization
- Strong experience with HPC schedulers such as SLURM, GridEngine, Mesos or HTCondor
- Solid experience working with distributed filesystems such as Lustre of GPFS
- Experience setting up infrastucture in public clouds
- Excellent scripting or programming skills (Python, C/C++, Perl and/or UNIX shell)
- Hands-on experience with configuration management
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related is preferred, but not required!
If interested, I'd love to hear from you!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.