European digital services company with around 100,000 employees in over 70 countries.
Purpose of Role:
The implementation manager will use project management best practices in order to report the progress of the project, control costs and is accountable for the successful delivery of the project with minimum business disruptions
This role will collaborate with the LAN/WiFI Service, Network Operations, WAN Service and ITS Business Partners,
This role acts as the interlocutor to the LAN/WiFi program manager and service owner escalating any issues or risks that are stalling the successful implementation of the project.
- Communicate present effectively in Japanese and English.
- Engage effectively with key stakeholders to foster good working relationships and drive the project to completion.
- Collaborate locally, regionally and globally for the benefit of the company group in terms of knowledge sharing and leveraging solutions/capability.
- Develop communications plan in order to report project status, issues and risks.
- Create and maintain project planning for all LAN/WiFi refresh activities in Japan.
- Adherence to all local and group SOPs, IS environment standards, guidelines and strategies. For example, processes of project management, change control, health and safety and procurement.
- IS Cost Centre management - budgets, cost control, invoice management.
- Provide weekly progress updates.
- Ensure adherence to the company change management processes.
- Manage internal/external engineering personnel in order to drive the successful delivery of the project.
- Ensure any issues relating to the project is resolved in a timely manner.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Business level proficiency reading, writing, speaking both Japanese and English.
- Experience in the development of business relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrable experience with a structured and disciplined approach to the delivery of IS/IT services.
- Management of IS/IT Assets
- Implementation of significant IS/IT Projects
- 5-10 years experience with IS/IT project management methodologies, principles and practices to implement and major IT infrastructure projects.
- Proven track record in delivering complex IS/IT solutions.
- Technical knowledge in LAN, WAN, WiFi technologies.
- People management and communication skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years experience in a similar commercial role.
- Business process improvement experience
- The role calls for sound business skills, and the ability to work with people on all levels, under pressure and ideally a sense of humour and positive attitude.
- Experience in implementing solutions in a geographically diverse organisation.
- Experience in the integration of acquired organisations/brands.
- Experience in sales, manufacturing and distribution industry is highly desirable, in a Pharmaceutical environment.
- Bachelors Degree Computer Science or equivalent.
- Project Management Qualifications eg PMBok, Prince2, PMP.
- ITIL Qualifications
- Experience in working in a highly regulated industry
SThree Japan is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.