We are seeking an AVP Internal Auditor with 6+ years' audit experience to join our client's Internal Audit Department. Our client is a human-sized Management Company, which previously had a London-based internal audit function. They are now willing to create this role in Luxembourg.
- Assist in developing and planning the scope of audits.
- Prepare audit programs and execute comprehensive audits in various operational and financial areas of the country businesses.
- Supervise day to day staff activities and of co-sourcing engagements, if any.
- Participate in audit planning, progress, and wrap-up meetings.
- Identify internal control weaknesses, and recommend corrective actions, if required, and follow up on implementation.
- Prepare audit workpapers (narratives/process flows, risk and control matrices, etc.) that evidence completion of the audit, and that forms an adequate basis for the audit report.
- Prepare drafts of audit reports.
- Assess the accuracy and adequacy of financial information and internal control structure
- Review transactions, documents, records, reports, accounting and operational methodologies
- Execute audit test steps.
- Employ analytical review procedures.
- Assist in preparation of annual risk assessments.
- Assist in preparation of annual audit plan.
- Manage audits to a budget and monitor department KPIs.
- Undertake a formal program of continuous business monitoring.
- Staff recruiting, staff evaluations, and development.
- Preparation of country governance committee materials, and presentations as necessary.
- Assist with budgeting as required.
- Provide timely statistics for KPI Reporting.
- At least 6 years of experience within financial services, ideally in fund management, although relevant experience in related financial services sectors will be considered.
- Recognized accountant or internal audit qualification or advanced degree required.
- Internal audit experience, although similar risk and controls assessment skills gained in business operations, compliance or risk management within fund management, will be considered.
- Well-developed technical skills in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio. Data analytics capability desirable.
- Fluent verbal and written English. French language skills desirable.
- Ability to travel internationally (10% to 20%).
Sthree Luxembourg is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.