IT Operations & Support Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an IT Operations & Support Manager to join SThree's new offices in Glasgow. This IT Operations & Support Manager will head up SThree's Operations & Support team who are responsible for delivering 1st / 2nd line support for all of SThree's offices globally.
Who are SThree?
SThree are an industry leading recruitment organisation who provide permanent and contract staff to STEM sectors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). We operate across 10 specialist brands (including Huxley, Progressive, Real Staffing, and Computer Futures) and employ over 2,800 people in 16 countries globally.
Why are we hiring?
SThree are currently embarking on an exciting venture to set up a new Shared Services Centre of Excellence in Glasgow City Centre. As a result, we have a high volume of new vacancies across our Finance, IT, Legal, and HR teams, providing a fantastic opportunity for you to get involved in something new at a fun, rewarding company.
What will you be doing?
As an IT Operations & Support Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a desktop support team of 10 (who provide 24x6 support to all of SThree's offices globally). This includes man management (appraisals, 1 to 1's, etc.)
- Looking after IT Operations (ensuring hardware/software/cloud technologies are running properly, liaising with internal IT stakeholders and 3rd party vendors)
- Looking after the user provisioning process
What skills/experience should you have?
Suitable candidates will come from an IT background, ideally having worked in a helpdesk / 1st/2nd line support role in the past. You should have experience managing a helpdesk / support team, ideally with around 4 or more members. You should have hands-on management experience e.g. conducting appraisals, etc. You may currently be working as a "Helpdesk Team Lead" or "Service Desk Manager" and be looking for your next step up.
Why work for SThree?
We pride ourselves on being a true meritocracy, where our employees' hard work is valued and rewarded. We provide fantastic opportunities for growth and like to promote from within - a high proportion of our senior staff originally joined the company in entry level positions. If that isn't enough, you'll also enjoy:
- A friendly, social culture and fun office perks (including Friday drinks)
- Competitive holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Company share scheme
- Variety of high street discounts and season ticket loans
- Extravagant five star end of the year party
If you have the above experience and you're keen to join SThree in our new Centre of Excellence, then please apply now!
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.