|Location: Chicago||Salary: $160000 - $200000 per annum|
|Sector: Banking and Finance||Type: Permanent|
This person will come in as a Manager in their architecture group, and will lead the technical aspects of designing, implementing, and testing essential software. This role will combine management of a small team, significant leadership of the development and support of complex server side applications and participation in firm-wide architectural planning and decision making.
Among others, the Java Tech Lead / Manager of IT Architecture will have the following responsibilities:
* Plan and schedule enhancements to back-end services framework from initiation to delivery
* Lead a technical team to design and implement highly reliable, scale-able, extensible, maintainable, global, and operable products and platforms.
* Draft and review architectural diagrams, interface specifications, class structures, and other design documents.
* Build systems that balance resources, constraints, requirements, and complexity.
* Present opportunities with cost/benefit analysis to leadership in order to shape decisions regarding architectural strategy.
* Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices developed within the organization.
* Develop department-wide technical perspectives, standards, solutions, and strategies that resolve significant product or organizational pain-points.
* Participate in a network of principal engineers to share ideas, practices, and experiences.
* Work closely with product management and development teams.
* Directly develop software to advance the state of critical software
* Lead and mentor other server side engineers.
The most desirable candidates will possess the following experience:
* At least 10+ years' experience
* Defining and implementing governance standards to assure software quality
* Computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms.
* Expert in software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages Java, scripting languages Perl/Python, continuous integration, and deployment architecture.
* Detailed knowledge of Java multi-threading
* Understanding and experience with web services frameworks and distributed systems
* Hands on working knowledge in any of the relational databases like Sybase, Oracle etc. Sybase is preferred.
* Experience in test driven development. Cucumber is preferred.
* Strong analytical skills to solve complex business requirements.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience of working with open source technologies and engaging with the community.
* Familiar with Scrum or similar Agile methodology.
This is an excellent opportunity to move into a management role and work on greenfield development while growing a team.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume and/or contact me!
E: c.collis at Huxley.com
T: 312 453 9099
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.