Huxley is a specialist recruitment company with a purpose to help clients achieve their business goals whilst enabling candidates to achieve their career goals through matching the best talent with the best employers in their field.
Our clients include some of Australia's best known banks, insurance companies, fund managers, brokerage firms, accountancy and consulting firms, and other financial institutions.
We are seeking a Java developer for a long term contract with our client, one of the global banks. We are offering a 12 month contract role with a view to extend or go permanent.
This is an exciting contract opportunity based in Sydney CBD offering attractive daily rates. If you are interested, please forward your updated CV immediately and I will follow up as soon as I can discuss this position.
- Be an active team player across our digital and IT teams.
- Working with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and how they translate into development delivery tasks.
- Estimating tasks in line with the definition of completion
- Java development to coding standards including bank & industry standard patterns and practices.
- Thorough unit test coverage, Test Driven Development/Behaviour Driven Development
- Code documentation
- Conducting peer code reviews
- Contribute to support issues where required
- Be an active contributor in Agile meetings when required for planning and retrospectives
- Programming language - JAVA EE on spring framework.
- Tooling - Familiar with one of popular relational database (Oracle/ MySQL/SQL Server/ PostgreSql).
- Familiar with one of popular MQ tech (IBM MQ/ RabbitMQ)
- Familiar with web service technic like SOAP, RESTful services
- Familiar with one of application containers: Tomcat/ IBM Websphere
- Programming in Python/ Groovy/ Ruby/ Scala
- NoSql like MongoDb/ Redis
- GitHub, Jenkins, Sonar, Ansible, docker
If you are interested in discussing this role further please reply to me ASAP with your most up to date CV and I will follow up with a chat about these roles, alternatively if you know anyone who may be interested in this position please feel free to forward me their details.
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.