Java Developer Fixed Income e-Trading
- Type Permanent
- Salary £65000 - £100000 per annum + excellent bens + bonus
- Location London, England
- Sectors Banking IT
Java Developer (multi-threading, micro services) - Fixed Income e-Trading
A Java Developer (multi-threading, micro services) is required by a Tier 1 Investment Bank based in central London. You'd be joining the Fixed Income Technology team, focused on projects related to Corporate Bonds, Index Options and CDS. Within this area, you would mostly be focused on Electronic Trading and Market Making with an emphasis on Pricing and Risk functionality. Fixed Income has not been without its struggles in recent years, but the business has a market leading share within the space and is extending its lead against the competition. This is all thanks to a huge drive on investment in technology which opens up some great opportunities in this role.
The trading platform is written in Java and Scala, is cloud hosted, makes use of distributed computing and functionality is built out into micro services. You'll be employing multi-threading techniques within the role and will be expected to have a good grasp on TDD, automated testing and generally taking responsibility for shipping quality code. While the vast majority of the platform is written in Java, there are elements of Scala and some C# UI's.
Key skills required for this Java Developer (multi-threading, micro services) role:
- Strong programming ability in Java or another JVM language (this wouldn't be suitable for an out and out Scala enthusiast)
- Experience with multi-threading, micro services and reactive programming would be beneficial but not essential
- Exposure to cloud computing also beneficial but not essential
- Knowledge of Fixed Income products and/or e-Trading is desired but we would consider a non-financial candidate
- A good engineering mind set will be important i.e. exposure to Continuous Integration, TDD, Automated Testing and Agile practices
Please use discretion regarding the above, this is not a tick box exercise and candidates who have a reasonable cross section of relevant skills will always be considered on merit
Key details for this Java Developer (multi-threading, micro services) role:
- Salary: from £65,000 to £100,000 based on experience, there are two hires, one with mentoring responsibilities and one without so this would be suitable for a broad range of candidates
- Location: central London
- Bens: work from home, strong pension and bonus culture.
Hit apply now to receive a specification and a time slot to discuss this in more detail.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales