Java Developer - Tech start-up - (Microservices, Spring Boot)
- Type Permanent
- Salary £65000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + work from home + bens
- Location London
- Sectors Banking and Finance
A Java Developer (Microservices, Spring Boot) is required by a high growth InsureTech start-up. You will be working in small Scum teams who rotate around working on different components within the platform, to expand your skill set and keep you challenged. You'll be working hands on with Java and Groovy, focused on a suite of features that you will own with the autonomy to use the right open source tools to solve your problems. You'll be building out microservices, complex Angular/React UI's and deploying through Continuous Integration pipelines onto the cloud.
You'll be working on delivering value to the consumer through engineering, thinking of innovative ways to make health insurance quotations easier, simpler and more intuitive. Savings through automation are passed onto the consumers, so you're giving something back to your users.
Key technical skills for this Java Developer role
* Experience with Java or any other JVM language such as Scala, Clojure or PHP
* Experience building high volume web based applications
* Full stack abilities with knowledge of Angular, React or other common JS frameworks
* An engineering mind set i.e. an aptitude for automation testing, CI/CD and a problem solving mind set to jump into complex engineering challenges
* Understanding of cloud based distributed systems would be a plus but is not essential
Key details for this Java Developer role
* Location: very convenient central London location
* Salary: between £65,000 and £90,000 depending on experience + bonus
* Stocked kitchen
* Work from home Friday's and flexible working arrangements are encouraged
This is an excellent opportunity for a Java Developer who is looking for growth and progression in their career in a business that is only just beginning on their journey. There are plenty of opportunities to continue to develop and shape the product which really brings you closer to your users and helps you feel as though you are having a positive impact through the service you deliver. The teams are full of talented engineers who are humble and looking for constant exchange of ideas in the business (no ego's!).
Hit apply now if you are interested in this Java Developer position.
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.