Junior Developer C#.NET
A local hedge fund is expanding their development team. Their quantitative investment approach involves the systematic application of investment insights, which they codify in their proprietary return, risk, and transaction cost forecasting models. They use these forecasts in constructing optimized portfolios, including long-only and active extension portfolios in addition to market neutral long-short hedge funds.
The developer will work in a small team that builds automated systems for the research group. The research group is responsible for coming up with investments ideas, codifying those ideas into signals, back-testing the signals, and producing return and risk forecasts based on the signals to drive trading decisions. The primary purpose of the software managed by Research Systems is to produce forecasts that drive trading decisions. It is therefore very important that these systems be logically correct, fast, and reliable. The developer will have autonomy commensurate with his/her abilities.
- Implement software solution using a variety of technologies, including C# .NET, T-SQL, WPF, ASP.NET, MVC, event-driven architecture, service-oriented architecture using Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, and related tool sets.
- Coordinate with members of the QA team to orchestrate software deployments.
- Create detailed documentation and tutorials for the business consumer.
- Provide support to resolve production issues expediently.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from a top educational institution in a technical field, such as computer science, applied mathematics, economics, or engineering.
- A solid understanding of object-orientated programming, data structures, and design patterns. Experience with C# is a plus.
- A solid understanding of relational databases. Experience with T-SQL is a plus
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Great communication skills, drive, energy, enthusiasm, maturity, and confidence.
If you're interested in being considered upload a copy of your resume for the attention of Jeff Fallon at Huxley Associates.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.