Junior Systems Adminstrator
- Type Permanent
- Salary US$70000 - US$100000 per annum + competitive
- Location Manhattan, New York
- Sectors Banking IT
As a Junior Systems Administrator/Engineer at this elite Financial Services firm, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of infrastructure professionals on a variety of engineering and support-related projects. While you'll take immediate responsibility for the daily maintenance and management of the firm's Windows servers, you'll also work on a variety of project-facing work related to improving automation and the infrastructure as whole.
Above all else, this is an incredible growth opportunity for someone who is constantly looking to learn and develop his or her technical tool set. The firm prides itself on providing a challenging, yet approachable environment where you'll be encouraged to ask questions, as well as present your ideas on how to improve the infrastructure. The firm is constantly looking to improve and automate, and they'll expect this person to share that passion for improvement as well.
- Work as part of a team focused on designing, implementing and supporting current and future systems.
- Maintain various infrastructure services including Exchange, Active Directory, Virtualization, SAN Storage, Backups and more.
- Improve configuration management and application deployments through scripting and the use of automated tools.
- Work closely with senior engineers to enhance environment through project-facing work
- Support and troubleshoot Windows servers, Active Directory infrastructure and Virtualization technologies
- 1-4 years of experience as a Windows Systems Administrator
- Proficiency supporting the following technologies within a professional environment:
- Windows 7+
- Server 2012+
- Exchange 2013+
- SCCM CB
- Passion for automation - must have some experience scripting/automating in any programming language (Powershell is a strong preference)
- Very strong troubleshooting skills!
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DFS, Remote Desktop Services, WSUS/Windows Update.
- Positive attitude with a desire to learn
If you're looking for a chance to grow in a fast-paced and technologically progressive environment, apply now!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.