Lead Linux Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location New York
- Sectors Banking and Finance
* Administer, troubleshoot, and support, continually working to optimize this infrastructure. This will include full stack support: Converged or Virtual, Hardware, OS, application, network, and storage monitoring and performance tuning, as well as associated support services.
* Continuous capacity monitoring, planning and performance tuning of our infrastructure to ensure reliability and scalability.
* Acting as the highest level of escalation for issues that face the Linux infrastructure.
* Seamlessly executing upgrades to the infrastructure as necessary, maintain all operating systems to current patch levels, and ensuring continuous security monitoring and hardening of our systems.
* Maintaining awareness of emerging technologies and best practices to make recommendations for improving the firm's product offerings.
* Working closely with other teams when designing solutions and implementing new technologies within the organization.
Key Skills Required:
* 10+ years *nix Systems Engineering / Administration experience, preferably within financial services.
* 5+ years working experience with VMWare ESX management as well as a working knowledge of other hardware and software-based virtualization technologies (e.g., Vagrant).
* Experience with AWS technologies including EC2, VPC, S3, and Lambda is preferred.
* Exceptional scripting skills (e.g., Bash, Python, Perl).
* Extensive technical knowledge of Linux OS and network performance tuning.
* Up to date knowledge of the current systems security landscape, risks, and potential solutions.
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks effectively.
* Strong knowledge of storage protocols like iSCSI, NFS and CIFS.
* Exceptional communication skills and a positive attitude.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.