A leading global hedge fund is seeking a talented Linux/DevOps Engineer to join its New York office. As a member of the Infrastructure team, you'll be part of a close-knit yet globally dispersed team that has a shared passion around Infrastructure-as-code and automation.
While the firm has a very large presence in the UK, the US office is still in its earlier stages. The Linux/DevOps Engineer will be the first member of this Infrastructure group sitting out of the New York office, which means you will be have a big impact from day one. At the same time, you will have continued support from the rest of the New York technology division and will be collaborating closely with your UK-based team members on project-facing work.
This is not a support role. Your long-term goals will focus around growing the Linux estate, improving reliability, building out the automation platform, and extending services to the cloud. You'll be joining a group where automation is everything and the team will expect you to have the same excitement around Infrastructure-as-code that they do!
- Develop and maintain the Linux server estate through automation
- Embrace the Infrastructure-as-code mindset
- Collaborate with the team to continue developing the automation platform, leading the firm's push into the cloud
- Research and recommend new technologies and improvements to the current infrastructure
- Excellent Linux systems management skills (ideally experience with RHEL in an enterprise environment)
- Excellent trouble-shooting abilities - you consider yourself a problem-solver
- Strong scripting and automation skills (Python, Bash, etc. )
- Knowledge of at least one configuration management tool is preferred (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Knowledge of Linux provisioning and system management tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Comp Sci, Engineering or related
If you're excited about this opportunity, please contact Alex at Huxley!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.