Mainframe Migration Project Manager
- Type Permanent
- Salary US$90000 - US$110000 per annum + Bonus
- Location Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Sectors Banking and Finance, Consumer Finance, Finance and Operations
My client a leading financial institution with a long standing reputation of providing top notch services to Wall Street is hiring for an experienced project manager for a large enterprise wide mainframe migration program. In this role you would work closely with the Product Management, Technology and Operations departments as well as external clients and vendors to plan and implement this large infrastructure migration.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Operations, and Technology through the complete project life-cycle assisting with requirements documentation, developing detailed project plans, identify tasks, roles and responsibilities.
- Identify, mitigate and resolve risks and issues as they occur
- Ensure PMO processes are followed and all relevant outcomes are produced and filed properly
- Manage and report on project financials.
- Address senior management on project status and communicate issues in a timely manner.
- Track milestones and dependencies, ensure on-time completion of tasks from all groups
- B.S. degree in Business Management, MIS or equivalent
- 5-7 years as project manager in IT/financial services
- Strong facilitation skills with working committees and steering committees
- Proficient with the MS Office suite of applications
- Positive track record of delivering large scale complex projects & programs
- Ability to effectively communicate with highly technical and non-technical partners
- Demonstrates commitment to excellence by anticipating needs, mitigating risks and minimizing potential problems
- Strong attention to detail
- PMP Certification a nice to have
- Banking and payments experience referred, especially knowledge of SWIFT, FED, CHIPS or ACH.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.