Managing Director (Engineering / Manufacturing) Worksop £DoE
Huxley Engineering are working with a Global Name (£BN Turnover) in Engineered Solutions who are looking to recruit a Managing Director on a permanent basis for their Engineering & Manufacturing Facility in the Worksop (South Yorkshire / North Nottinghamshire) area.
Reporting into the UK Group Managing Director, the Managing Director will be responsible for the running of the site including P&L, management of resources, the establishment of strategic goals and formulating business plans.
Responsibilities for Managing Director Role:
- To have full profit and loss responsibility
- To devise and deliver the strategic plan for the site
- To be responsible for the Health & Safety of all employees and all associated HSEQ, standards, legislation and obligations
- To manage business performance through planning and financial management
- To ensure that all group reporting obligations are met in line with specified routines and timelines
- To ensure compliance with all group policies, procedures and appropriate legal obligations
- To maintain high levels of employee engagement and create a high performance culture within the business
- To demonstrate aspirational leadership behaviours at all times
- To foster a culture of challenge and innovation within the business and facilitate progressive talent management strategies
- To assist in the development of the Group's strategy along with the other member of the Country Management Team (CMT).
Main Duties of the Managing Director:
- Day to day general management of the site
- The delivery of the strategic plan, objectives and business performance through the local management team
- To provide leadership, support and guidance across all areas of the business
- To meet with customers and support in business development activities where appropriate
- To identify opportunities for waste and cost reduction and maintain commitment to the delivery of the 'excellence programs' in all forms
Education & Experience Required for Managing Director Role:
- Degree level (preferable subjects: Engineering, Chemistry)
- P&L experience of running an Engineering and Manufacturing site and/or Division
- Previous MD / GM / Ops Director experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering industry
- Ability to Build strong customer relationships
The Managing Director role will include regular international travel and a requirement of out-of-hours working to accommodate time zone variations
For the successful Managing Director, a salary and package reflective of experience is on offer and this Managing Director role is commutable from the Nottingham, Gainsborough, Sheffield, Worksop, Scunthorpe, Rotherham, Doncaster, Lincoln, Chesterfield, Mansfield & Newark areas.
To be considered for this Managing Director role, please apply via the link below.
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.