Mechanical Design Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Salary Up to £33000 per annum + benefits
- Location Reading, Berkshire
- Sectors Manufacturing
A very well-established designer and manufacturer of special-purpose machinery requires a hands-on Mechanical Design Manager with a creative flair to continue to help the brand grow. As the leaders in their field they are known for their high-quality equipment, strong commitment to customer satisfaction and swift responses to industry changes.
Their complex automated equipment must be configured and the design adapted to meet each project specification. Ongoing design development to improve usability and function is also necessary. In this Mechanical Design Manager role you will create and develop mechanical sub-assemblies and larger machines using Inventor including detailed component drawings. Bills of materials are required together with working with component suppliers.
This position will include direct customer interaction, full product lifecycle development and liaison with internal sales and workshop functions. This would be the design of medium-sized product handling machinery incorporating pneumatics, actuators and integration of conveyors.
The successful candidate must showcase the following:
- Designing with 3D CAD, preferably Inventor.
- You must have a minimum of 1 year industry experience in the design of special purpose machinery.
- Have the ability to demonstrate strong people skills and be able to communicate effectively with both engineering and non-engineering minds.
- An eagerness and desire to showcase a creative flair and apply this to product requirements for their customers.
This position would provide a salary of up to £33,000 GBP depending upon experience, plus 25 days paid holiday, company matched pension and life cover.
If you think this opportunity would suit you then please apply immediately as initial interviews will be taking place as early as next week or call Hattie on 0117 9388 088 to discuss.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales