Mechanical Design Engineer - £40k - £50k
A global business leading the design and manufacture of specialist consumer products is seeking a Design Engineer to join their R&D facility in Oxford.
The company has a strong pipeline of new and future high quality products to supply a demanding expanding marketplace.
The forward-thinking stance of this organisation means that they can provide a secure long-term career in a job that is satisfying and challenging. They provide good opportunities for training and personal development whilst creating products that change lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for development of design and manufacturing solutions from conception and implementing into manufacturing.
- Conceptual design, evaluation, selection and communication of decisions.
- Detail design with integration of the appropriate manufacturing processes.
- Issue resolution through investigation, route cause analysis and corrective and preventative actions.
- High standard of design work, tolerance analysis, risk analysis (DFMEA) design control, robust design, design for manufacture.
- Experience is Solidworks CAD system.
- Candidates must demonstrate experience in full life cycle product development within a mechanical design engineering capacity
- Candidates must have experience of working within small scale product design e.g. precision, small tolerance etc. Heavy engineering will not be suitable
- Working in a high-tech multidisciplinary environments; experience of customer-facing engineering consultancy an advantage
This role would provide a salary of £40000-£50000 depending on experience, plus a benefits package including medical and dental cover, 25 days holiday, 3x Life cover and 5% company contributed pension.
If you would be interested and suitable for this position please apply or call Dean on 0117 9388 088
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales