About the job:
Mechanical Engineer required to join a power generation specialist in Greater Manchester. This is a contract role and although for an initial 6 month period, the company is busy and expect the contract to be ongoing. The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Producing mechanical design specifications including Process Flow diagrams, Process and Instrumentation diagrams, Functional Design Specifications, Technical Specifications, schematic drawings, detail drawings and equipment schedules.
- Liaise with CAD designers to ensure that the design packages (layouts, general arrangements and piping drawings) are produced properly.
- Design of heat recovery, heat rejection, hot water, chilled water, steam, noise attenuation and ventilation systems.
The following criteria are essential:
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in power generation, pipework and ventilation design, CDM and health & safety
- Strong IT skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Project etc.
Furthermore, a technical background in one of the following would be desirable: steam; combined heat and power; compressed air; refrigeration; water treatment; industrial gases; cooling plants.
If you are available/looking for work and feel as though your skill set matches the above, please reply with your most up-to-date CV and I will get in touch via telephone.
How to apply:
If you are a Mechanical Engineer with the aforementioned experienced, please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the 'Apply' button.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales