|Location: Jersey City||Salary: competitive|
|Sector: Banking and Finance||Type: Contract|
The right candidate should have experience with VXLAN, OSPF and BGP protocols.
This will be a long term contract opportunity that the manager may look to extend or convert to a direct hire. Please apply if you are interested in a long-term engagement. The rate will be based on experience, market rate, and the budget of the group. The job description is below for your consideration.
The Network Engineer will have responsibility for the oversight, support and management of BNP Paribas distributed LAN / WAN environments in North America. The Network Engineer must possess an understanding of a complex combination of various technologies and operating systems and be able to design and implement the network solutions. The Network Engineer must demonstrate excellent communications and project management skills to run projects and communicate updates effectively. Some regional travel and the ability to provide 7x24 support is also required as part of this role. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
* Perform 1st, 2nd, 3rd level support for the WIFI, corporate LAN, MAN and WAN Infrastructure
* Provide day-to-day support of existing Network infrastructure
* Design/Implement new infrastructure on a per-project basis
* Participate in On-Call rotation schedule for afterhours escalation
* Work with production architecture group to gather requirements, design and deploy network infrastructure
* Work with system support team members in troubleshooting complex, cross platform issues
* Evaluate emerging network technologies and align their benefits with the business strategy of BNPP
* Monitoring service management system to ensure operational issues are being managed
* Ensure standard practices are followed within the team, including security, and other corporate IT policies
* Closely link with his or her counterparts to ensure definition and strict adherence to technology standards, both local production and Global
* Exercise proficiency with ITP Policies and Procedures, including Change Control, timesheets, etc.
* Thorough knowledge of Network Management products and proficiency with ITP-standard monitoring tools
* Thorough understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals and a detailed knowledge of networking technologies such as Metro Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, DWDM, TDM
* Thorough understanding of routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast, PIM, IGMP, DHCP, and DNS
* Detailed knowledge of Cisco products including the Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switching platforms, Cisco ISR and ASR routing platforms and Juniper EX switches
* Proactively recommend projects based on monitoring, prior expertise, hardware knowledge.
Additional skillsets that is beneficial but not critical
* Experience with optical gear such as ADVA
* Experience with API using REST, perl or other languages
* Experience with scripting to automate tasks in perl, python or other languages
* Experience with HP Network Automation and Solarwinds
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- CI/CD Engineer
- Salary: competitive
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Type: Permanent
- Nashville, TN- FinTech - Object Oriented SW Engineer Hires
- Salary: compensation is open, dependent on experience
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Type: Permanent
- Senior Software Engineer - C# / .NET Core
- Salary: US$130000 - US$180000 per annum + bonus
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Type: Permanent