A leading financial technology firm in Connecticut is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join their team. This engineer should be eager to learn, self-motivated, and work with new technologies and hardware. This is a full-time permanent role.
- Identify, implement, and resolve technical issues (networking, Internet routing, etc.), support and verify all hardware operates properly
- Work with security devices, new networking technologies or hardware, and help with management of NMS systems and scripting for network operations tasks
- Work hands-on with vendors to detect and diagnose hardware issues and provide solutions and recommendations
- Ability to work on call for one week every month
- Responsible for troubleshooting technical issues and data center networking experience
- Strong working understanding of networking and data center technologies (BGP, OSPF, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Cisco Nexus, ASA, HP equipment, and other network operating systems
- Scripting and programming experience (Python, PHP, Perl, etc.), design and support of virtualization, cloud infrastructure
- Significant knowledge and experience with routing & switching, firewalls
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.