Lead Data Scientist
Location: New York, New York
Full Time Perm
A top insurance company is looking to hire a Lead Data Scientist for their Data Science and Analytics Department. They are building a team of talented Data Scientists and Engineers whose are relentless at creating and designing data driven solutions. This department is rapidly growing and looking to add individuals who are naturally curious and have the desire to explore new statistical techniques, and want to make a significant impact in the insurance industry.
As a Data Science Lead, you and your team will be responsible for the creation of their new platform that will provide a brand new generation of analytical solutions. You will be presenting your findings and solutions to key stakeholders, industry leaders, and in leadership conferences.
You will be:
- Leading data analysis and modeling projects. This involves: Business review, meeting with a variety of clients both internal and external, sample design, intake and processing of data, preforming final analysis for reports and presentations.
- Presenting to internal and external stakeholders on how you and your team can implement analytics to maximize profitability
- Utilizing your expertise in statistics to create models and develop unique business insights that will help achieve business objectives in the most efficient manner.
- Test new statistical analysis methods for potential improvements in quantitative solutions and present your findings to the team
- Create a project milestone plan to meet your high standards, overcome obstacles and assure project completion.
- Contributing to the analytical strategy of the business by providing feedback, presentation materials, and product designs.
- Assuring compliance and privacy requirements are met through both the design, implementation of modeling, and analysis of the project.
We need you to have:
- Either a PhD in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science or have equivalent work experience,
- 5+ years of experience in building statistical models using large and complex datasets, preferably in a business setting.
- 3+ years of experience working in the insurance industry or a similar setting.
- Expertise with applying statistical modeling and statistical modeling techniques in an insurance industry setting. (e.g. linear regression, logistic regression, survival analysis, tree models)
- Expertise in regularization techniques, feature creation and validation.
- Substantial programming experience with almost all of the following: (SAS(STAT, macros, EM), R, H20, Python, spark, SQL, Hadoop)
- Experience with data visualization (e.g. R, Shin)
- Strong communication, listening, team working, and presentation skills.
If you want to kick-start your career and be a part of a top insurance company, please apply to Mauricio Morales at Huxley Associates
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.