An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operations Manager who's looking to develop their career with a well-known, global business. I'm currently working with a prestigious Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer in recruiting an Operations Manager for their Wiltshire site.
As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for a smooth planning and coordination of the entire production/manufacturing reporting directly to the plant manager.
The successful candidate will lead a team of manufacturing and production engineers, playing a key role in new product introduction, continuous improvement strategies and further technical support. This role will be well suited to someone who's vastly experienced in automotive manufacturing with a blend of hands-on engineering skills and leadership traits.
- They monitor production on the basis of production and process data and, if necessary, introduce corrective measures.
- Recent automotive experience (last 18 months)
- You are responsible for the continuous improvement in the production processes (CI).
- You plan and monitor the budget for the area under your control
- University degree (eg mechanical engineering or process engineering) or equivalent vocational training
- Relevant professional experience in production engineering and production processes, as well as the structure of process organization
- Ensure the compatibility with the ISO/TS 16949 and HSE regulations to prevent any safety issues
- Manage the NPI process and prepare information for gate reviews and capex
In return you will be part of an extremely successful organisation within the automotive industry. The company are committed to developing a strong management team with succession planning in place which will support the growth of the business.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales