Operations Support Analyst
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Operations Support Analyst to join SThree's new offices in Glasgow. This Operations Support Analyst will join SThree's Operations & Support team who provide 1st and 2nd line support for all products and services, ensuring that all IT services and infrastructure components are functioning as expected.
Who are SThree?
SThree are an industry leading recruitment organisation who provide permanent and contract staff to STEM sectors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). We operate across 10 specialist brands (including Huxley, Progressive, Real Staffing, and Computer Futures) and employ over 2,800 people in 21 countries globally. SThree are currently embarking on an exciting venture to set up a new Shared Services Centre of Excellence in Glasgow City Centre. As a result, we have a high volume of new vacancies across our Finance, IT, Legal, and HR teams, providing a fantastic opportunity for you to get involved in something new at a fun, rewarding company.
What will you be doing?
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support for a number of industry standard products and services.
- Field, record and action standard user requests and enquiries, as well as follow procedures in relation to the set-up of new staff, leavers and internally transferring staff.
- Efficiently and effectively investigate, diagnose, progress and action all operational events, alerts and incidents to the agreed target, ensuring that issues are escalated where appropriate, communicated and recorded.
- Monitor, analyse, review and report on all IT Operations and services, as well as the quality of the service in relation to service level agreements
- Maintain operation logs on all events, warnings and alerts, as well as recording and classifying all messages
- Ensure that all routine housekeeping tasks are completed on all operational infrastructure and IT services
- Gather, record and communicate all required service performance information and produce statistics for measuring key performance indicators
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers for escalation of production issues ensuring that they meet the terms and conditions of their defined service levels
- Use standard management tools and processes to carry out defined housekeeping and restoration procedures where necessary
- Use system management tools to determine loads, collect routine performance statistics and to create capacity planning reports
- Implement operational changes in accordance with change, release and configuration management procedures
- Ensure that all operational security policies, processes and procedures are adhered too
- Maintain the production schedules using the production scheduling tool
What skills/experience should you have?
- Experience of working in a similar IT Support / Operations Support Analyst role
- Excellent customer support skills
- Microsoft Office, Exchange & Outlook support experience
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows Server & Desktop
- Networking: Basic knowledge of IP Networks and how to troubleshoot
- Hardware Support experience: Servers, Desktops, Printers, NAS storage, etc.
- Mobile support experience
- Citrix Presentation Server support experience
- Telephony, Avaya IP Telephony support experience would be an advantage
- Databases: Basic knowledge, SQL would be an advantage
Why work for SThree?
We pride ourselves on being a true meritocracy, where our employees' hard work is valued and rewarded. We provide fantastic opportunities for growth and like to promote from within - a high proportion of our senior staff originally joined the company in entry level positions. If that isn't enough, you'll also enjoy:
- Variety of high street discounts and season ticket loans
- Competitive holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy extra days
- A friendly, social culture and fun office perks (including Friday drinks)
- Company share scheme
- extravagant five star end of the year party
If you have the above Operations Support Analyst experience and you're keen to join SThree in our new Centre of Excellence, then please apply now!
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.