The Portfolio Lead is primarily responsible for providing direction and governance across certain programs and projects in order to achieve the following; continuous alignment to business goals, objectives and the associated investment portfolio, successful delivery of CAPEX budget, risk and dependency management, demand management, along with standardisation of procedures, processes and capability to support the successful delivery.
- Introducing new PM's, and overall responsible for mentoring and training them
- Weekly Reporting, Contract Renewals
- Oversee Portfolio Management projects
- Responsible for the quality of Steering Committee meetings
- Managing escalation on projects and ensuring appropriate levels of escalation are occurring
- Resource planning
- Helping the Solutions team with Delivery improvements and planning improvements
- Facilitating discovery between delivery and support
What you can bring to the role
- Strong portfolio management experience, resulting in the successful delivery of business objectives
- Aptitude and passion for people management specifically project managements professionals
- Strong business/commercial focus on delivering benefit to the organization through I.T.
- A focus on process and methodology
- Hands-on experience with software development methodologies, specifically agile
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), especially the ability to inspire confidence from both business stakeholders and technologists
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills.
- Solid financial management experience, including budgeting and cost management
- Persuasive personality, ability to negotiate outcomes in a complex environment
- Ability to work in a closely-knit team, to share ideas and feedback freely, and to be respected by other team members
- Entrepreneurial, "can-do" attitude, a "go-getter" willing to track down detail and follow loose thread to completion
- A focus on continuous improvement and thinking ahead
- Experience and willingness to work with the pragmatic realities of a large corporate environment
- Experience in Agile Project management and other lean
If you would like to apply for this role please reach out to Jessica Swann on 0282512100 or apply to this advert.
Sthree Australia is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.