We have a unique opportunity for a Principal Design Engineer to be part of a tight-knit, dynamic and innovative start-up that leverages innovative designs to produce products which have numerous global applications. They take pride in shaping new technology with potential in improving healthcare outcomes and scientific capability.
They are a rapidly-growing company based in Oxford designing cutting-edge instrumentation. They have an international customer base and orders to deliver world-class products with laboratory precision, sensitivity and selectivity.
The successful candidate will be an innovation and positive worker who will be a crucial part of the product development team to produce a new range of advanced sensing solutions. You must have drive, be a versatile technical problem solver with the capability to take on project management responsibilities within a team orientated framework.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Product / Component Concept and Design
- Concept and detailed implementation of inventive design solutions
- Detail design with integration of the appropriate manufacturing processes
- High standard of engineering work, design control, robust design, tolerance stack analysis, design for manufacture, input into DFMEA's (design failure mode and effect analysis)
- Follow CAD best practices
Realising design in Solidworks CAD system
- Use of skeleton model for common reference geometry
- Understanding of complex CAD model set-ups
- Appreciation of minute factors & general 'sound' modelling principles
- Ability to work methodically, consistently & transparently (esp. within CAD)
Prototype production and testing
- Work with production team to use existing or set up relationships with material, sub-component, and tooling suppliers
- Physical prototype production and testing
- Contribute to design and fabrication of production fixtures that ensure production tolerances can be achieved
- Work with suppliers to ensure delivery of quality, cost-effective components and tooling.
- Test method development and product testing to design specification
- Must be an experienced designer / engineer, possessing excellent written and oral communication skills (5+ years)
- Working in a high-tech multidisciplinary environments; experience of customer-facing engineering consultancy an advantage
- Managing suppliers
- Working in accordance to ISO 13485, MDD and FDA 21 CFR regulations preferred but not essential.
- Bachelors / Masters Degree in a Mechanical Engineering, Product Design or a related subject
This position would provide a salary of up to £75,000 depending on length and relevance of experience.
If you would be interested in this role then please apply or call Dean on 0117 9388 088
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales