Python / Ruby Developer
- Type Contract
- Salary competitive
- Location Amsterdam, North Holland
- Sectors IT
What the organisation does
As an affiliate network, their role is to unify players in the industry. They connect advertisers to affiliates, then empower each side to create better outcomes for all involved.
The company is composed of multiple critical components which are handling large amounts of live traffic and is the backbone of our business workflow. Thus, high availability, zero-downtime and minimum response times are critical. The business has a lot of ambition and a wide range of facets, so there will be lots of variety as well as interesting challenges.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for the development of exciting new features for the company's core software products and for extending and maintaining our high-quality standards on clean coding. We are looking for people who love clean coding, like to work in a test-driven manner, like to work on projects that add value to business and enjoy working within an inspirational environment.
Development is done in Ruby and Python using several cutting-edge technologies, open source products, and standards.
Specific technical skills
* Excellent programming skills in an OO language (like Python or Ruby).
* Strong experience with system architecture design and integration (backend).
* Strong experience with Relational and NoSQL databases (Mysql/PostgreSQL, Redis, etc).
* Version control (Git & Github), continuous integration (Travis), Monitoring (DataDog, NewRelic).
* Experience with cloud platforms (Google Cloud, Amazon AWS).
* Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes).
* Experience with Unix system administration, shell scripts.
* BigData experience (BigQuery, DataFlow, DataLab).
* DevOps experience (Ansible, Kubernetes).
* Front-end experience.
Freedom to attend conferences and workshops.
Possibility to work out during office hours.
Daily fresh extended luxury lunches prepared by our Chef.
Awesome trimester company events and fancy Fridays.
Free Dutch language classes and gym subscription discount.
While it's not a requirement, we'd also love to see a link to your Github account, links to your blogs, and details of any Open Source contributions or other projects.
If you are interested in this role, please send me your CV + availability to discuss the possibilities.
Sthree Holland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.