Quant Strat - Python - Hedge Fund
A Quant Strat (Python) is required by a leading boutique Hedge Fund in London, their European HQ. The business focuses on alternative investments, taking a multi-strategy approach on a global level. The role would see you working directly with two partner level portfolio managers in London, leveraging technology for research, modelling and tooling. The theme of projects will be related to fundamental research and analysis of global factors that would influence their strategies, looking to identify innovative methods to generate additional revenue.
You would be focusing largely on Python, but will also be exposed to C++ Quant libraries and a willingness to get stuck in across the stack will help you deliver more value to the business. You'll be a key contributor to higher level Quantitative modelling but you'll also be required to be resourceful in your approach to using technology to add value, which will often involve building simpler tools to optimise repetitive processes. There are machine learning projects in the team for you to get stuck into also.
Key skills required for this Quant Strat (Python) role:
- Educational foundation in a numerate subject, Computer Science, Maths, Physics or similar
- At least basic programming skills in Python and ideally a track record of having picked up other languages to evidence your versatility
- Knowledge of relational databases, ideally SQL
- A background of working in a discretionary Macro environment would be beneficial but not essential, we would consider candidates from a non-financial background provided there is a genuine interest in the area which is evidenced and strong maths fundamentals
Key details for this Quant Strat (Python) role:
- Salary: negotiable from £65,000 to £120,000 + excellent bonus
- Location: central London
This is an excellent opportunity for a Quant Strat, Quantitative Developer or Quant who's looking for a new challenge. In this role, you would be making a direct impact on the firms PnL, which would offer a refreshing change to someone from a banking background or any larger firm where your a small cog in a big wheel.
Hit apply now if you are interested in this Quant Strat role.
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales