A Quantitative Developer (Java, Python) is required by a Top Tier Investment Bank based in London. The role slots into their globally renowned Private Equity business where you will be one of the first hires within technology in London. Working directly alongside a small team of highly skilled Quant Strats you will be focusing on Quantitative Development (Java, Python) relating to both risk and pricing within Equities and Credit portfolios. Your role would be to implement models and to focus on the broader research tools including employing Machine Learning to solve business problems and to add value to the front office.
You'll be intimately involved in each trade as a core business function, gaining significant exposure to Equities and Credit. The role will be the first hire of this kind in their London hub, offering you the opportunity to really make a visible impact on the business which will be very easily noticeable by the large cohort of partners in London - an unrivalled opportunity for progression.
Key skills required for this Quantitative Developer (Java, Python) role:
- Strong software engineering skills relating to any object orientated language but ideally Java & Python
- A background in financial engineering is not required but would be desirable, undergrad or post-grad in Computer Science, Maths, Statistics, Physics or related degree will be essential
- A rounded engineering skill set with an aptitude for automated testing and DevOps would be beneficial to help formalise processes within the team
Key details relating to this Quantitative Developer (Java, Python) role:
- Salary: £85,000 (up to) + excellent bonus + common benefits
- Location: central London
- Company: globally renowned top tier Investment Bank known for innovation in technology and as a market leader across most sectors, an exceptionally high performing PE business within
This is an excellent opportunity for a Quantitative Developer or a Developer who is interested in this space to make a difference to the business in London. Working directly with the business on the desk you will be able to see your work making an impact and generating revenue in front of your eyes. This is a great way to refine your trade and will be very rewarding. You'll also be learning from exceptionally talented Quant Strats and a transition into a Quant Strats role is very realistic given the training on offer. Given the small but growing nature of the team we see this as a great environment for progression either way.
If you are interested in this Quantitative Developer position please hit apply now to discuss further.
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.