- Type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location New York, USA
- Sectors Banking IT
Job title: Sales Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Industry: Financial services and trading
Purpose of the role
Huxley are currently recruiting for a Sales Engineer position to join a financial service firm in New York City. We are looking for an individual who possesses strong project management skills, attention to detail, outstanding oral / written communication skills, and will thrive within a fast-paced and, at times, demanding environment. This position will report to our Director of Sales Engineering and will interact directly with sophisticated microsecond sensitive trading firms in addition to internal sales, account management, product management, and development staff.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all of our products and services including data center footprint, network, market data coverage, software solutions, and vendor partners.
- Collaborate with sales and account management teams as a technical expert to help qualify and ultimately win business.
- Work closely with clients and prospects to understand/interpret technology requirements and collaboratively design, recommend, and document individual technology solutions.
- Lead whiteboard sessions and actively participate in presentations.
- Provide feedback into the Product Management team to pass along requirements that will influence roadmaps and future design considerations.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of industry leading financial technology solution providers and the competitive landscape; be confident in recommending or referring to others.
- Interact with prospects from sys-admins on up to C-suite; build and maintain relationships.
- Craft detailed solution diagrams in Visio.
- Provide technical support for proof-of-concepts and implementations, identifying and resolving challenges and escalating as required.
- Work with both Systems and Network Engineering teams to design/engineer through non-standard elements of a given solution.
- Be able to solution sell to the bigger picture understanding the components of what is needed to satisfy requirements.
- Interpret key themes and client pain points sometimes with limited information. Be comfortable and agile enough to discuss and combine non-standard components with standard products to create a desirable solution for our customers.
- Participate in thorough knowledge-share hand-offs of newly-won opportunities to account management and service delivery teams.
- Assist in pushing deals over the finish line by building trust and rapport with other technical stakeholders inside a client account.
Education, Skills and background
- In-depth knowledge of Financial Extranets, Server hardware, market data, low-latency trading infrastructure, and the financial technology landscape
- Understanding of the datacenter colocation environment
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols
- Understanding of Cloud Technology platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google
- Understanding of Virtualization and Containerization technologies
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and take direction
- Cultivate an agile ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think on your feet
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite - Visio in particular
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management; self-starter
- Team player
- Energetic, enthusiastic and organized
- 5+ years' work experience in financial technology sales engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with Salesforce.com, JIRA, and Confluence
- Fluency in Spanish, French, or German a plus
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.