SAN Storage Admin (VMAX) - Finance - Jersey City - Contract
- Type Contract
- Salary competitive
- Location Jersey City, New Jersey
- Sectors Banking IT
A global investment bank located in Jersey City, NJ is looking to hire a contractor as a SAN Storage Admin to supporting their VMAX Environment. The position will start as a 6 month contract with a likely extension.
The full description is included below. If interested, please send your resume to a [dot] hennessy [at] sthree[dot] com
W2 ONLY PLEASE
SAN Storage Engineer
This position is for a mid level SAN storage administrator. Candidate will primarily work as a storage administrator in a large enterprise SAN and NAS environment. Must be familiar with EMC SAN products like VMAX2, VMAX 10K, ECS
Technical Skill Set:
HW: VMAX, Clariion, FAS filers, Brocade SAN switches, IBM tape library,
SW : Vmax Unisphere, Ontap, OnCommand, DFM, CMNE Netbackup/TSM(preferred not necessary)
OS : RHEL, Windows, Vmware, AIX, Linux
Must have a strong background in SAN administration including VMAX, Storage Provisioning process, zonning, Solution Enabler, SRDF, clones, SRDf migration methodology,Unisphere, Performance Manager ,PowerPath, FAST, Thin Provisioning, RAID, SAN troubleshooting and break fix ability, Performance troubleshooting, vmware connectivity
Hands on Knowledge of brocade SAN switches, CMCNE is required
Scripting knowlede in Python or Perl is desired
Candidate will be expected to
- Expertise with provisioning process using solution enabler CLI
- Expertise in SAN migration using SRDF
- Expertise with vmax3 technology
- Monitor use and availability of storage resources.
- Troubleshoot storage related issues and takes appropriate actions.
- Generates reports and analysis on storage usage.
- Possess skills and knowledge related to network, operating systems, Storage Area Network (SAN), and enterprise management software solutions.
- Install and configure new and existing storage devices and corresponding software.
- Define and adhere to service level agreements with end-users regarding storage allocations, limitations, and availability.
- Allocate storage to end-users and development teams based on established departmental requirements and available disk space.
- Analyze storage equipment performance, collects information, and prepares summary reports.
- Respond to and resolve storage access and retrieval issues.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.