Scala Developer - Global Investment Bank
- Location New York, USA
- Sectors Banking IT He/she will be asisting a global team who specializes in developing a plethora of analytics system used across various platforms. They will assist in full-cycle development from design to deployment using new analytics technologies like Spark, Impala and Hive.
Skills and Experience
- A large Global Investment Bank based in NYC is seeking a junior level individual who has an in depth aptitude for Scala and functional programming. The ideal candidate would be able to work in Scala but knowing other languages such as Java with exposure to Scala, F#, Haskell or Clojure (or any other functional programming language) is acceptable. This individual should be a savvy motivated software engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- 1-3 years of professional development experience in Scala or Java.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with application architecture and design.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in teams.
Nice To Haves:
- Development experience within the financial industry.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- If any of these interest you, please email me a copy of your resume and a good time to speak.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.