A large Global Investment Bank based in NYC is seeking an experienced level individual who has a strong aptitude for Scala and functional programming. The ideal candidate would be able to work in Scala but knowing other languages such as Java with exposure to Scala, F#, Haskell or Clojure (or any other functional programming language) is acceptable. This individual should be a savvy motivated software engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
He/she will be working on a global team dedicated to developing a world-class analytics system used across multiple areas (equities, fixed income, etc.). They will assist in full-cycle development from design to deployment using new analytics technologies like Spark, Impala and Hive. These projects will facilitate revenue-generating operations, risk management and advisory services for the bank.
Skills and Experience
- 3-4 years of professional development experience in Scala or Java.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with application architecture and design.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think on your feet.
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystems.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in teams.
Nice To Haves:
- Development experience within the financial industry.
- Experience with distributed systems.
If any of these interest you, please email me a copy of your resume and a good time to speak.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.