This Security Engineer / IT Systems Integrator will support the IT Security infrastructure on a global platform. The Security Engineer will secure IT systems while getting to implement and deploy while using exciting InfoSec technology within the IT infrastructure. This is a Full Time Role in Chicago, IL.
What you get to do:
- Guide and give insight on IT security technologies // Advise on best security practice
- SME for technologies project Life Cycle
- Product implementation, installation, configuration, migration & troubleshooting of networking and security equipment
- Support project architecture, POC and Charter creation
- Global: Project coordination support // Implementation // configuration
- Attend trainings, conferences, and meet with vendors
- Automate continuously // process refinement
What we look for:
- 4+ years of either Systems Integration or Deployment Engineering (preferable in Global IT environment)
- Experienced with Vendor/Platform Security skills such as: ID/PS, Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto), Symantec Endpoint Protection/AV, log management (Splunk, RSA Security Analytics or similar), Identity management, Data Loss Prevention
- Experienced in Networking skills such as: Network Switches (Cisco ACI, Nexus), wireless networking equipment, virtualization (VMWare, HyTrust)
- Symantec, Splunk, RSA, Microsoft, RedHat, VMWare experience preferred
- Azure or AWS
- Project Management: seen as a bonus (PMI or Prince2)
- History of continual professional development are preferred.
- Networking: CCNA or higher desirable.
- Information Security: Any of CISSP, CISA or CISM is highly desirable; Other security certifications considered (CEH, OffSec, SANS etc.).
If you are a hands on Security Engineer with Implementation experience please apply with your resume, including situation, implementation examples of the following:
Implementation of product installation, configuration, migration & troubleshooting of networking and security equipment with:
- intrusion detection/prevention systems,
- firewalls (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto),
- network switches (Cisco ACI, Nexus)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection/AV,
- wireless networking equipment,
- log management (Splunk, RSA Security Analytics or similar),
- virtualization (VMWare, HyTrust),
- Identity management
- data loss prevention
- Azure or AWS
- Passionate -how do you show this? How do you continue to learn now? Groups/meetups/etc.
- Experience in a Global environment or multi-unit business. Where and how you interacted with units/locations/teams.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.