Senior Backend Developer - Amsterdam - 80k
- Type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location Amsterdam, North Holland
- Sectors IT
As a member of the backend team, your primary focus will be the development of the API. Forming the core of our client's platform, this is the webservice that all clients, including the web frontend, their mobile apps, and third party applications talk to.
In close collaboration with the rest of the team, you'll be working on new features and improving existing functionality, while always keeping in mind security-, performance- and scalability aspects. Your knowledge and experience will be vital in discussions about architectural design, choice of technologies and ways to approach the challenges faced.
- 4+ years of experience working with Core Java. If not Java, then Python, Scala or other Object Oriented languages may be acceptable depending on the level of experience.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, Agile development, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Understanding of micro-services architectures, RESTful API design and cluster management systems like Kubernetes or Amazon ECS.
- Experience with Java server micro frameworks: Dropwizard, Spring Boot, Ratpack or others.
- Deep understanding of relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- experienced, knowledgeable and friendly colleagues
- a pleasant work environment
- the chance to help build an exciting new communication platform
- plenty of room for your own ideas
- a good salary
If interested in this position or any other Backend Development role please contact me at +31 20 522 1322 or j. vandermark @ huxley .nl
Sthree Holland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.