Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Automated Trading
- Type Permanent
- Salary US$200000 - US$300000 per annum + competitive
- Location Houston, Texas
- Sectors Banking IT
A well-established quantitative trading firm located in Houston is anticipating significant growth in 2018, and is looking to bring on a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to their team to be a vital part of the development of their ultra-low latency trading systems.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in high performance computing, algorithmic strategy development, and exceptional communication skills while working in a team-oriented environment. Ultimately, you will be the individual responsible for interfacing the hardware and software platforms across the firm. From a technical standpoint, this individual must have:
- 5+ years of hands-on C++ programming experience in a Linux/Unix environment, including driver and kernel level development
- Ideally hands-on experience working with C++ 14
- Multiple years of direct experience with hands-on RTL programming (Verilog, SystemVerilog, or VHDL), and working with FPGA Engineers
- Extensive experience developing trading applications/frameworks - financial services experience is required
- Experience optimizing low latency code and finding innovative ways to reduce latency
- Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
As a senior member automated trading platform team, you will work closely with like-minded individuals of multidisciplinary backgrounds in developing cutting-edge technical strategies. You will have an opportunity to bridge the gap between hardware and software, and will work alongside traders in driving the overall strategies of the firm. However, this individual must also enjoy the opportunity to work autonomously, taking ownership for critical parts of the trading structure.
The firm offers an impressive compensation package (including generous bonuses directly reflected by performance), strong work/life balance culture, autonomy, collaborative working environment and full benefits (including medical, dental and 401k matching).
If you're interested in learning more about the position or feel that you're qualified, I'd be happy to chat and discuss further! Please apply to this post and send an updated version of your resume to Jennifer Kopoulos (j.kopoulos at huxley.com).
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.