Senior FPGA Engineer, Networking Protocols Experience
- Type Permanent
- Salary US$200000 - US$300000 per annum
- Location Chicago, Illinois
- Sectors Banking IT
A leading proprietary trading firm located in downtown Chicago is seeking an FPGA engineer to join a small team in taking responsibility to develop FPGAs for their trading system. This opportunity will allow you to significantly impact the latency of the firm's trading platform, while quickly seeing the results of your efforts.
The firm is looking for an individual with excellent knowledge of network and system-level protocols, computer architecture, and data processing as a part of their efforts to be the fastest in the industry. This firm is one of the most established and successful trading firms globally, and is always looking for brand new strategies to be on the bleeding edge of technology.
Requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar subject from a top tier University
- 5+ Years of experience actively developing FPGAs using Verilog/System Verilog
- Successful track record working through multiple FPGA life cycles from architecture to production
- 2+ Years of professional experience working with networking protocols is required (TCP/IP, UDP, 10GB Ethernet, etc.)
- Some experience of programming in C++, Python, or any scripting language is an advantage
- An interest in the financial services industry (previous finance experience not required)
- Ability to relocate to Chicago and work downtown - relocation assistance is available
In return, you will be working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with an emphasis on the value of technology. You will have constant exposure to the latest tools and technologies, because the firm believes that investment in technology is ultimately the biggest indicator of success.
If you feel you would be a good fit, please apply and send your resume to j.kopoulos at huxley.com.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.