Experienced Java software engineer Spring / Hibernate - Leuven - Permanent role
We are currently looking for a Senior Java software engineer for one of our client based in Leuven and specialised in the conception of transport systems.
- You take the lead in the complete product development cycle starting from analysis, architecture, design, coding, unit, integration and system testing of software
- You review and work with others (Product Management, Technical Architects, Development Engineers, Software Development Manager) to confirm and track feature requirements through to delivery.
- You coordinate the planning, execution of work items and releases
- You try to improve the overall development process by investigating and implementing best practices or tools
- You report to the Software Development Manager
- You have profound experience with Java programming and working under Linux
- You have sound knowledge of OO principles, design patterns, domain driven design
- You have a poster of Uncle Bob hanging above your bed (thus loving clean code!)
- You know how to build an application architecture which enables developers to perform their work in an orderly fashion, and solid enough to facilitate future changes and refactorings
- You know how to propagate the above principles to other team members
- You are familiar with integrating various systems
- You are familiar with a continuous integration environment, and you know how to set these up (Jenkins, Sonar,....)
- You know how to work with an agile development process (Scrum)
- Experience with the following items is an advantage:
- Java EE and/or Spring stack
- WildFly application server
- Web services (SOAP and REST)
- Reactive programming
- developing Java software in an embedded context
- Testing frameworks (Junit, Mockito, Selenium,...)
- Git as versioning system, the Git branching model
- Amazon Web Services platform
- Atlassian stack (Jira, Bitbucket,...)
- You are a strong team player but are able to work independently
- You are dedicated to delivering high quality and performant solutions
- You are eager to learn new things, you take ownership and want to get things done
- You want to share your knowledge, not only during your daily work, but also by presenting them at our Tech Days
- You have good communication skills, both written and oral
- Full professional proficiency in English is a requirement
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to forward to me your CV in English.
Sthree Belgium is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.