Senior Linux Engineer - Docker & Kubernetes
- Type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location New York
- Sectors Banking and Finance
The individual in this role will be responsible for the design of complex Linux solutions, especially as they relate to Docker & Kubernetes. Additionally, this person will play a significant role in automating the environment to improve it wherever possible. This is a senior position offering the chance to be highly visible among the firm's senior management and technology divisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Design and deploy Linux solutions to foster growth and improvement of the firm's infrastructure.
* Architect and build a large-scale R&D environment utilizing cloud technologies include Docker & Kubernetes.
* Build a highly reliable and resilient multi-petabyte cloud storage infrastructure.
* Design logging and monitoring solutions to ensure successful growth of the cloud storage infrastructure
* Create and execute scripts to automate essential functions.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
* 7+ years of System Engineering experience.
* Extensive experience with Linux Administration (CentOS, Red Hat, Fedora).
* Experience with infrastructure automation through scripting using Python, Shell, Ansible, Puppet, CFEngine, and/or SaltStack.
* Prior experience with cloud-scale technologies including Docker and Kubernetes is a plus, but is not required.
* Strong understanding of application and server monitoring tools.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to coordinate well with team members.
If you're interested, please apply to Alex at Huxley!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.