As the Senior HPC Engineer at this leading hedge fund, your goal will be to continuously optimize infrastructure performance without comprising the reliability and security of the environment. You'll work with a team of talented engineers to help propel the fund forward by researching and recommending cutting-edge technologies and innovative solutions. Some of the key areas you'll touch upon include large-scale distributed systems, a multi-petabyte distributed storage system, and cloud scheduling technologies.
As part of a small, yet highly successful fund, this is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the developers, infrastructure engineers, and senior leadership across the firm. In particular, you'll collaborate with a tight-knit group of developers who specifically build tools and applications for the HPC environment. You'll also work closely with researches and front-office to help optimize HPC systems for their data analysis and modelling.
- Minimum of 5 years of Linux administration experience, preferably within a financial services organization
- Strong experience with HPC schedulers such as SLURM, GridEngine, Mesos or HTCondor
- Solid experience working with distributed filesystems such as Lustre of GPFS
- Excellent scripting or programming skills (Python, C/C++, Perl and/or UNIX shell)
- Hands-on experience with configuration management
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related is preferred, but not required!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.