Huxley engineering are recruiting for one of their key clients near the Portishead area that specialise in the design and development of special purpose electro-mechanical machinery for a niche industry sector.
The business is highly innovative; customer focused and has consistently grown over recent years. It offers all the advantages of a large multinational company backed up by the security and professionalism of a global group.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, the Lead Systems Engineer role exists to act as the lead technical resource for either a specific project, or to provide direction across multiple projects, providing guidance to Project Leads and Senior Engineers as circumstances require.
Aspects of the role include:
- Leading engineering solutions for Engineer to Order products
- Improving departmental processes in support of the Engineering Manager
- Work independently on significant developments and provide appropriate reporting to senior management
- Owning and running development projects and activities.
- Interpretation and delivery of customer specification
- Co-ordination of design activities on larger projects in assistance to the Project Leader
- Technical ownership of modules of large projects and provide technical support to the Project Manager
- Lead HAZOP and design reviews.
- Product design and development - creation of best practice guidance and training.
- Direction and development of more junior personnel
- Design calculations in support of design
- Specification of equipment sub systems
- Development of test specifications
- Type testing of equipment and subsystems
- Writing of reports
- Preparation of technical construction file documents
- Components selection
- Support to Technical Review and Engineering Specification processes within the ETO department
Good degree or higher qualification in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or other similar qualification depending on background or experience
Previous experience in a technical product development role and experience of working as a Principal Engineer or other similar lead role.
Knowledge of Semiconductor industry or Chemical process plant or equipment would be beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of product development methods and working practices
- Understand key project deliverable and requirements and have the ability to report concisely to the senior management
- Strong, demonstrated abilities in the area of standards compliance and technical construction files (CE marking, EN standards, ATEX, SEMI).
- Experience of FMEA, HAZOP, DFMEA and other design and risk analysis techniques
- Experience in the type testing of equipment in support of design.
- Strong problem solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to perform engineering calculations in support of the design
- Function mapping of products and processes
- Fault analysis techniques (8D, Fishbone diagrams)
- Practical abilities to test equipment or direct such
- Knowledge of design tools and Product Data Management (PDM, SAP) - 3D CAD
Project Management - Ability to create a product specification and manage a project to completion to an agreed timescale.
Commercial Awareness - Understand when to engage commercial and legal functions in development and implications of IP.
Results Orientation - focuses on delivering to project milestones and timescales.
Product development - Support in developing the product roadmap.
Problem Solving - Ability to solve problems both in-house and on customer's site.
If you are interested and suitable for this position please call Angico on 0117 9388 088
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales