Senior Project / Programmes Manager
SME Engineering Client - Varied Projects
Cheltenham - £45,000-£50,000 Permanent + Benefits
Huxley Engineering are currently looking for a Programme Manager for an exciting, growing SME Engineering business in Cheltenham. Our client design and manufacture specialist equipment and systems for a range of industries. You will be joining during a period of rapid growth and they have many projects ongoing. This is a great opportunity to be involved in end to end Programme Management with high profile customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining suitably detailed work plans, schedules; and effective progress and compliancy tracking techniques, to ensure visibility and accountability to support achievement of the overall programme delivery plan.
- Ensuring timely identification of potential points of failure and implementing appropriate elimination/mitigation measures.
- Ensuring risks, assumptions, dependencies, limitations and opportunities are identified, accurately documented and managed.
- Identifying necessary human resources, skill requirements and facilities requirements to support successful execution of the programme.
- Ensuring programme budgets are defined and understood prior to work commencing
- Monitoring programme spend at an appropriate level to facilitate early identification of any deviation against plan.
- Proactively developing and maintaining effective coordination and communication between programme functions.
- Ensuring effective configuration control of programme data and ensuring data is identified and controlled in relation to applicable security classification.
- Providing the stakeholders with appropriate levels of visibility on progress performance and issues management.
- An individual with character, presence and energetically self-motivated to achieve planned results.
- Developed management skills backed up by appropriate practical experience.
- Developed inter-personal skills, a good communicator with the ability and the personality to represent the Company at a senior level with customers, partner companies and prime contractors.
- Experience in managing large, high value and complex programmes comprising multi-functional teams.
- PRINCE2 or equivalent qualification in the control of projects.
- Ability to motivate and lead multi-functional project teams.
- Good IT skills and experienced with Microsoft Office applications including MS Office and MS Project.
- Attention to detail and the ability to listen.
- A willingness to travel worldwide.
- A valid current UK driving licence.
- A valid current passport.
- Ability to attain SC security clearance.
Please APPLY HERE and we will call you to discuss
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.